So after days in LA (which numerically speaking was not a lot but felt like a weeks) I decided to come home through JFK. I didn't know when flights would be leaving again, and Qantas had cancelled flights for the next few days, plus they weren't going to give us a place to stay anymore. So I came home, and with some magic, good luck and a lot of hours on hold listening to muzak from both Qantas and American Airlines, I am back on track with the same flight itinerary as before, just a week later. On the bright side...I'm going to save on rent?
I have resolved to pack an extra pair of shorts and tee shirt in my carry on in case something like this happens again. I thought I was being so smart last time packing extra clothes in case my bag didn't come last time. Sadly the clothes I packed were for cold weather (read: heavy wool coat, fleece, and flannel shirt), and not quite for the smog heat and beaches of southern California. alas. I journey forth once more.
I was all mentally prepared to go last time, and now I need to get myself to that place again. I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow. I think I'll pack my carry on again tomorrow too. Truly life at home is packed with excitement - being at home makes me as slow and lazy as a three toed sloth.
If I don't make it through LA yet again, things will start getting really interesting, and when I say interesting I mean potentially necessitating a complete overhaul of the next few months of my life. But no worries, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment